Are you looking to makeover your garage floor? One of the best flooring options is epoxy, learn what to look out for when choosing a garage floor expert to install your new garage flooring.
Learn about the various epoxy floor coatings.
There are basically three types:
- One part – this product does not require mixing before installation so it is very efficient. It is UV stable and won’t chalk or turn yellow when applied to an outside slab (i.e. concrete steps).
- Two Component – this is a great epoxy if you have any water issues. You might have to wait up to five days before driving on the surface after application depending on the epoxy product used.
- Fast Set – The benefit with this epoxy is the time it takes to set. A home owner can drive on this surface 12 hours after installation.
Installer or DIY
Putting layers of coatings on your garage floor is not as easy as you think. Proper preparation of the floor before applying the epoxy is many times what is missed during DIY applications. If you are not completely knowledgeable and comfortable with the whole process of refinishing your garage floor, you might want to leave it to a professional installer.
Tips to hiring a pro:
- Research the types of coatings and what features you desire, for instance, do you need anti-slip properties?
- Do a background check on your contractor to make sure they are insured and licensed.
- Look at what other client’s think of the company. Check Google reviews and the BBB for any comments or complaints.
Best In Show Garage has been professionally installing epoxy garage flooring since 2005. We use a two component, epoxy hybrid flooring system, combined with a heavy focus on surface preparation. Our epoxy dries within 48 hours and will not peel, chip, or stain. Contact us today to schedule an in-home estimate!